The Board on Agriculture Assembly (BAA) will be hosting a New Deans’, Directors’, and Administrators’ Orientation in Washington, DC on December 10-12, 2019. This event is aimed at administrators, individuals supporting administrators or faculty, and USDA-NIFA personnel having two years or less of experience in their administrative positions as well as any others who would like to learn more about USDA-NIFA, building federal and private partnerships for their land-grant programs, and leadership tools while meeting colleagues from across the nation.
The learning objectives of the orientation workshop are:
- meet, talk, and network with NIFA’s National Science Liaisons;
- interact with a national expert on leading organizational change and gain valuable tips from experienced administrators on how to overcome obstacles, set your house in order, and lead change;
- learn national-level engagement strategies to influence federal legislation and decisions made by USDA-NIFA and other federal agencies;
- connect with Congressional and Office of Management and Budget (OMB) staffers, university government affairs representatives, Cornerstone Government Affairs, and other advocacy and public relations individuals; and
- build skills, gather tools, and develop an understanding of the networks to move your advocacy needs forward.
Registration for this event will be available in the very near future.