The Western Administrative Heads Section (W-AHS)
The Western Administrative Heads Section’s mission and purpose is to:
- Provide leadership and organizational structure to guide and advise Western Region research, instructional, extension, international, and informational programs to identify needs and opportunities and to establish priorities of Western Region land-grant colleges of agriculture.
- To coordinate the various aspects and plans to bring consistency and coherence to the total regional program.
- To encourage, review, evaluate and recommend cooperative regional programs and activities.
These purposes shall include:
- Provide communications and input/output linkages with the agricultural sector through the Western Council for Agricultural Research, Extension and Teaching (Western CARET), and other support organizations.
- Suggest and recommend new and expanded areas for involvement by Western Region land-grant colleges of agriculture.
- Review and recommend priorities among the various functions (Research, Instruction, Extension, Service, International).
- Develop public support.
- Serve as a sounding board for emerging issues.
- Help enhance public interpretation of agriculture and related programs.
- Stimulate cooperation and communication among county, state, regional, and national advisory groups and support organizations.
- Communicate program priorities and fiscal needs to the appropriate planning and funding sources.
|Description and link||Notes|
|Association By-laws||Revised - July 21, 2009|
W-AHS Meetings and Minutes
|July 12-15, 2010||Tucson, AZ|
|July 19-22, 2009||Blaine, WA|
|July 6-9, 2008||Fairbanks, AK||Minutes|
|July 15-18, 2007||Jackson, WY|
|July 9-12, 2006||Monterey, CA||Minutes|
|July 10-13, 2005||Santa Fe, NM||Minutes|
|July 13-16,2003||Newport, OR||Minutes|
|Year||Chair||Chair-Elect/ Secretary||Past Chair|
Joint Summer Meeting Rotation
|Host State||Last year
|Last meeting venue||Next year hosting||Next year meeting location|
|Utah||1998||Park City||2012||Park City|
|Idaho||1999||Sun Valley||2013||Coeur d’Alane|
|Montana||2002||Big Sky Resort||2016|
|Oregon||2003||Otter Crest Resort||2017|
|New Mexico||2005||Santa Fe||2019|